Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Story time - God, King and Commitment

There was a King. He has taken one commitment that any bhikshuk (needy one) will come to him and ask anything he will give it. King has decided one day in a week so that particular day all needy ones would come to him and ask whatever they want and King would satisfy them. One beautiful day God thought of testing the King. And that particular day God came in the form of Bhikshuk, He was standing last in the queue. One by one every bhikshuk used to go to King and ask for land, money, food, etc… and King would satisfy them. Now it’s the turn of God. Now

King - Tell me what do you want???

God (in the form of bhikshuk) - I need something to eat.

King ordered delicious food for that bhikshuk(God).

Bhikshuk(God) – No, I don’t want this kind of food.

King – Then what kind of food do you want???

Bhikshuk (God) – I want non-vegetarian food.

King ordered good quality meat for Bhikshuk.

Bhikshuk (God) – No, I don’t want this kind of meat.

King – Then what kind of meat do you want???

Bhikshuk (God) – I want the meat of human body.

King got shoked…

King – how can I get meat of human body???

Bhikshuk (God) – You are also a human, don’t you???

King was utterly in dilemma. Now he understood that Bhikshuk (God) wants to have meat of his own body. And Kind has to stick to his commitment to satisfy bhikshuk, but King has full faith on God that my God will not allow this to happen. Let me do my karma and God will definitely save me.

King – ok take it. If your hunger will be satisfied by the meat of my body then take it.

Bhikshuk (God) – No, I don’t want to eat like this.

King – Then how???

Bhikshuk (God) – your body should be chopped with the huge cutter into the two pieces of the same size. Then one piece will be taken by your wife and the other by your son. They have to make your meat eatable and then give it to me. And then I will eat that and satisfy my hunger.

King’s wife and son has full faith on King’s faith on God and also they respect King’s commitment. So they also agreed to do so.

After listening to this he realized that only God can test me such a way. Suddenly he became so happy that God has come to test me and he offered his body in a way that Bhikshuk (God) wanted.

God was very happy with his commitment and before the huge cutter chop King’s body, God came in his own form. God gave many blessings to the King and his family and disappear.



I like this story so much that I decided to put this on my blog. What I learnt from this story is When you are in the path of spirituality, God will definitely test you to grow stronger in this path. Parents want their children to be the best. In the same way God wants us to be the best. So whenever the tough time comes feel that God is testing me and feel happy. Have you seen that whenever we are sad, we are more with the divine and when we are happy, we are more stuck in the outer world. Whenever we are going through tough time or whenever we are sad, we are with our own self and we get time to do introspection and whenever we are happy, we are more with material world. So feel the presence of divine in the both situations and get ready for the new challenges.

Jai Gurudev…

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice tory and I also liked the interpretation of the story in our lives...nice read...Jai Gurudev

    ReplyDelete